“In response to coronavirus and seasonal flu issues: We recognize
this is a serious situation, but do not want to panic either.
Many large events have now been postponed to reduce public
gatherings, that’s the right response!
As of right now, BCDA ( BC dental association) is advising Dentists in BC to manage emergent and essential (urgent) cases medically over the phone and to avoid seeing any patient in their office unless they have the appropriate PPE, which would include N95 masks which have been properly fit tested.
All that to say, we are still open and still taking patients But limited to emergent/urgent care (pain, infection, hemorrhage, trauma) while
adding these extra cleaning and health protocols:”
- keep all instruments packed and autoclaved
- Wearing Gown, N95 Masks,Goggles,Hats and Gloves
- Visit the emergency patients by appointment
- Screen the patients over the phone
- Need extra time after each patient to clean up the room and the area for next patient
- Limited to treat 3-4 emergency patients each day
Be Safe and Positive: