- First implant session :
- In the first session of your Implant consultation, your dentist will carefully examine your mouth and take a 3D scan of your jaw. Quality and quantity of your bone are very important for a successful treatment. If you have a good oral health and healthy gums with enough bone in your jaw, you might be the right person for Dental Implant. If your jaw bone has shrunk or not having enough bony structure, you might need to have a bone graft to build up the bone. A bone graft is a way of adding new bone to your jawbone. Your dentist will let you know if bone grafting can be done for you.
- Surgery Day :
- Phase 1
- During the first stage of surgery, a dental implant which looks like a screw or cylinder is placed into your jaw, beneath the gum tissue. As the tissue heals, the implant will bond with the bone and attach to the gum. It can take two to six months to form an anchor for your artificial tooth.
- Phase 2
- The second stage, your dentist will attach an abutment to the implant. An Abutment is a post that connects the replacement tooth to the implant.
- Thus, An artificial replacement tooth is made and your dentist attaches it to the abutment which might be done in the same second session.
- It may take several appointments to properly fit the replacement tooth to the abutment.
- Complications :
- Although rare, possible complications due to dental implants include bleeding, infection, numbness or injury to nearby muscles or the sinus cavity.
- Consideration :
- Implants can cost more than other kinds of replacement teeth and might not be covered by your dental plan. In most cases, this is a one-time cost, unlike other kinds of tooth replacement procedures.
- We are always happy and available to help, by giving you more information or make you a consultation appointment.
- Contact us at, Dr.Ross Shahriary`s office: (604) 936-1263
Our Main Services
X-rays & Velscope Screening
Austin Dental Group
2130 Austin Ave,
Coquitlam, BC V3K 3R8
Monday 8:00 am -4:00 pm
Tuesday 12:00 pm -7:30 pm
Wednesday 8:00 am -6:30 pm
Thursday 8:00 am -4:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am – 3:00 pm