April 22nd is World Earth Day
World Earth Day is April 22. Since 1970, 193 counties have joined the cause. Here are a few simple tips to participate this year.
- Turn off lights when you leave a room.
- Use reusable coffee mugs and water bottles.
- Reduce your meat consumption.
- Recycle household plastics, paper and glass.
- Stop using single-use plastic bottles, straws and bags.
- Use environmentally-friendly, non-toxic cleaning products.
- Change your paper bills to online.
- Buy local, organic food.
- Fix leaky faucets and shower heads.
- Take the stairs instead of elevators.
We are also taking initiative in the office to reduce our carbon footprint. Here are a few examples:
- We sterilize our instruments in reusable metal containers instead of using single use bags.
- We recycle scrap metal.
- We have an amalgam separator. This ensures that when we remove old fillings, the amalgam can be disposed of property and not introduced into the environment.
- We recycle office paper, cardboard and plastics.
Enjoy your Earth Day (and Easter!).