Dentures are “false teeth”, can replace all the teeth in your mouth or only some of them. You should care for denture as you would for your teeth.
To care of your Denture
- Always Stand over a Towel or Bowl of water in order not to break your denture.
- Store dentures in lukewarm water or denture-cleaning liquid overnight, not in hot water! Also, do not let them dry out.
- Clean your denture every day with a brush designed for cleaning dentures or a toothbrush with soft bristles and denture cleanser, not toothpaste which can scratch your denture. Please do not use household cleaners or bleach.
- You should at least 6 hours a day, leave your denture out. Remember to take it out at night. This lowers the risk of choking if the dentures become loose.
- Please don`t try to fix your Denture yourself.
To care of your Gums:
Check your gums daily. Brush your gum, tongue and the roof of your mouth with a soft brush every day before putting your denture in.
Let red, swollen gums heal before putting in the dentures again. If the redness does not go away in a few days, call the dentist.
White patches on the inside of the cheeks could also mean the dentures aren’t fitting well.
If you feel any discomfort with your gum or denture, Schedule your appointment today.