https://austindentalgroups.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/veneer.jpg 240 360 admin https://austindentalgroups.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/logo-ross-1.png admin2019-06-28 19:32:122019-06-28 19:32:24What's the Procedure for getting your Veneers?
What’s the Procedure for getting your Veneers?
Dental Veneers or porcelain laminates are tooth-colored, wafer-thin, custom-made shells bonded to the front of the teeth changing their color, size, length, or shape.
Getting a dental veneer usually requires at least three appointments with the dentist: one for a consultation and two others to make and apply the veneers.
- The first step is when you explain what you expect to achieve and your dentist checks your teeth to see if dental veneers are appropriate for you, discuss what the procedure will involve and your dentist may take X-rays. Also, there is a possibility of making impressions of your mouth and teeth, on the same day.
- Second appointment: Your dentist will remove about 1/2 millimeter of your tooth surface, approximately equal to the thickness of the veneer. Then, an impression of your tooth will be made to be sent out to the lab to construct your veneer. It usually takes 2-4 weeks to receive the veneers back. Meanwhile, Temporary dental veneers will be placed.
- Third appointment: Before the dental veneer is permanently cemented, your dentist tries in the veneers repeatedly and may trim the veneer as needed to achieve the proper fit. Also, your dentist needs your confirmation about the proper color, size and fit before permanently bond and cement your veneers.
- You might be asked to return for a follow-up visit in a couple of weeks to check gums and to once again examine the veneer’s placement.
- If you need more information about Veneers, make a free appointment today to consult Dr.Shahriary.